SPEED: Students Platform for Engineering Education Development
SPEED is a global, non-profit student organization that functions as an interdisciplinary network of engineering students, who aspire to provide opinion and create an impact on future development of engineering education and its effect on society and environment.
WORLD SPEED: http://www.worldspeed.org
SPEED Modus Operandi:
Regional Student Forum:
The Regional Student Forum (RSF) is a 3-days residential workshop organized by SPEED-INDIA for Engineering Students. Participants will take part in workshops aimed at providing them with tools to find innovative solutions with a global perspective and apply them in their local communities to improve upon engineering education. They will get a chance to learn about existing student projects, get involved and/or start their own regional and national initiatives with the aim of maximizing the student voice within the engineering education community.
Indian Students Forum: The Indian Student Forum (RSF) is a 3-days residential workshop organized by SPEED-INDIA for Engineering Students. All Participants must attend RSF and complete the action plan to attend ISF.
Global Students Forum: Those who will get selected in ISF will get selected to GSF.
NATIONAL LEVEL ACHIEVEMENTS:
- Since its association has broken from IUCEE, RIT students are playing a crucial role in all SPEED activities.
- For fourth consecutive time, RIT is organizing RSF in Western Maharashtra region. (From 2014,15,16,17)
- RIT SPEED Speedster have supported in starting SPEED Chapters in SGI Kolhapur, DKTE ichalkarnji, KBP Satara, JJM Jayasinghpur.
- SPEEDSTER Aishwarya K. & Priti K. won first prize in successfully implementing action plan on “Basic Education Theme” in ISF 2017 held in Vardaman COE, Hyderabad. Award includes certificate & cash prize of 20,000.
- SPEEDSTER Rohith Bhagat secured second prize in successfully implementing action plan on “Bamboo Reinforcement” in ISF 2016 held in COEP. It includes a certificate and a cash reward of 15,000/-
- SPEEDSTER Jatan Malde and his team implemented and presented action plan in ISF 2016 held in COEP. They have secured Second Prize. It includes a certificate and a cash reward of 10,000/-
INTERNATIONAL LEVEL ACHIEVEMENTS:
- Our student Mr. Ajinkya Patil (E & TC) represented RIT in GSF 2014 held in DUBAI.
He was one among two students selected from Maharashtra and one among 9 students selected from INDIA.
- Two of our students Ms. Aishwarya Katkar (TY, IT) & Mr. Jatan Malde(Final year , CSE) got selected for GSF 2016, to be conducted in SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA.
Seven of our students, selected as facilitators to conduct Regional Student Forum in different locations across INDIA for academic year 2017.
- Nilofar Patel from ETC Dept
- Alisha Mudgal from ETC Dept
- Ajit Kenjale from CSE Dept
- Sourabh Yadav from Mechanical Dept
- Sayali Patil from Civil Dept
- Priti Khurd from IT Dept
- Sayali Patil from ETC Dept
RIT SPEED Chapter:
- Since 2017, after the segregation of from IUCEE, our RIT students are playing a crucial role in all WORLD SPEED activities.
- For fourth consecutive time, RIT SPPED is organizing Regional Student Forum in Western Maharashtra region. (From 2014, 15, 16, 17).
- Our RIT SPEED Speedsters has supported in starting SPEED Chapters in SGI Kolhapur, DKTE Ichalkarnji, KBP Satara, JJM Jayasinghpur.