For final year B.Tech and MBA courses a major change is incorporated in syllabus which includes choice based four track systems. Under this system, students can select one choice from,
Internship is designed to expand the depth and breadth of academic learning of students in their particular areas of study. It is an opportunity for students to receive experience in applying theories learned in the classroom to specific experiences in the community and work world. During this Internship it is expected that students should identify the problems arising in the industry related to Engineering and they have to give the solution to the company. Students are expected to do internship for 20 weeks. Total 141 students selected IIP as a choice in academic year 2017-18.
For the engineering technology students, research experiences allow them to carry out in-depth study of engineering concepts, while emphasizing hands-on experiences and practical applications. Participating in research projects strengthens the student’s resume, and fulfills the requirements of present day employers, who demand sound engineering skills in their employees. Total 23 students selected URE as a choice in academic year 2017-18.
Under Entrepreneurship Development track students can develop and apply an entrepreneurial way of thinking that will allow them to identify and create business opportunities that may be commercialized successfully. Total 26 students selected ED as a choice in academic year 2017-18.
Under Regular capstone project students need to do a project in group also learn Program and open electives as per their requirements. Total 518 students selected Regular Capstone Project track as a choice in academic year 2017-18.
Implementation of choice based Four Track system for Engineering and MBA students helped to improve their performance in various competitive exams and campus placement drives. 75 % of students working under IIP choice have higher chances of retention. While, remaining 25% are already been placed in other companies or have shown interest higher studies. Total 277 students are placed in various companies. This number is excluding IIP students. In Current Academic year, 26 students from RIT have qualified GRE/TOEFL/IELETS exams. All are eligible to do higher studies at Abroad. Total 26 students are working under ED choice. These students have ideas of business and about to start their startups.