Being an Autonomous, Rajarambapu Institute of Technology, Rajaramnagar has designed and incorporated Choice Based Curriculum structure for Engineering and MBA students by keeping in view the need of current Global scenario. The choice based structure includes developments,
- Languages like Japanese, German and English are incorporated in the curriculum of First-year Engineering Students. Wherein students need to select one language for study. Also, two electives are offered to F.Y. students.
- For second-year engineering students Professional Skill Development courses like Personal Effectiveness and Body Language, Interpersonal Skills, Leadership and Public Speaking, Corporate Competency, Jeevan Vidya Mission-“work-life balance” are included in the syllabus to make student competent enough in their carrier. Jeevan Vidya Mission-“work-life balance” subject addresses on aspects like how to create a work-life balance, relationship problems, and other day-to-day challenges. Total 588 second-year students underwent through these courses in the academic year 2017-18.
- For Third Year students, Program Electives are included in the curriculum. Students can select one program elective from given list as per their requirements and interest. Also, Scholastic aptitude is made a part of the third-year syllabus to assess logical reasoning or thinking the performance of students.
- For final year B.Tech and MBA courses a major change is incorporated in the syllabus which includes choice based four track systems. Under this system, students can select one choice from,
- Industry Internship & Project (IIP)
- Undergraduate Research Experience (URE)
- Entrepreneurship Development (ED)
- Regular capstone project (CP)
Implementation of choice based system for Engineering and MBA students helped to improve their performance in various competitive exams and campus placement drives. In 2017-18 a Pool campus drive was conducted by a leading MNC which resulted in selection of 56 candidates, out of which 28 candidates from RIT itself. Also, the selection percentage in a specific company has escalated by 15 -20%.