Certification and accreditations
- Accredited by NAAC with 'A' Grade ( CGPA 3.10 )
- Accredited by IE INDIA, KOLKATA
- Accredited by TCS
- All UG courses are accredited by NBA
- Two post programs M. Tech - Mechanical (Design Engg.) and M. Tech - Electronics are accredited for 3 years and M. Tech. Civil Construction Management for 2 years by NBA, New Delhi among very few P.G Programs accredited in Maharashtra State.
- Recognized Research Center (Ph.D.) of Shivaji University, Kolhapur
- RIT is selected as Head of the 21 Lead Colleges under Shivaji University, Kolhapur.
Associations with Leading US Universities
- Visited to Nanyang Technological University & Nanyang Polytechnic, Singapore in from 27 – 29th February 2012 to study about Research culture & developments in engineering education.
- MOU with University of Massachusetts Lowell USA and Purdue University, USA in the area of faculty and staff exchange, collaborative research activities, joint programs, credit transfer.
- Chairmen, BOG, Principal and faculty members visited to five US universities to study the US Technical Education System and best practices during November 2008.
- Dr. Walker, President & Dr. Maria, Provost LTU, USA visited for discussing of collaborative programs.
Signed MoU for TEQIP Phase - II
- Institute has Signed of MoU for TEQIP Phase II project funding of Rs. 4.00 Crore from the World Bank through Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD).
- Implemented TEQIP Phase I successfully and become one amongst very few institute at National Level to get selected as Network Institute. The institute had received project funds of Rs. 9.23 Crore for development.
- Rated one amongst the top colleges for student’s satisfaction index under TEQIP Phase I.
Quality Enhancement in Engineering Education (QEEE) a Direct to Student Program:
Institute was selected among 100 engineering colleges in India for QEEE pilot program.
The Committee for Reforms in Technical Education under the chairmanship of Professor Ashok Jhunjhunwala, IIT Madras, has been constituted by the Ministry of Human Resources and Development (MHRD) with a mandate to bring about comprehensive reforms in technical education. Under this the Direct to Student program was offered.
Goal: to utilize high quality pedagogical resources to enhance learning in a wider student community
- The program was delivered to 100 engineering colleges (mostly TEQIP) in a pilot implementation from January 2014.
- 5 MBPS NKN connectivity
- Integration of top quality resources in the form of instructors and multimedia resources into followed curriculum and methods of teaching
- Highly rated IIT Professors by students
- Satellite + Broadband ensures high quality video/ audio
- Innovative Educational Practices
- Use of ICT in Teaching Learning Process - The Institute has implemented Autonomy since 2010-11. Since Autonomy is for boosting students knowledge, competencies and skills through continuous, comprehensive evaluation.
- IUCEE - Member of Indo US Collaboration for Engineering Education Consortium
Indo-US Collaboration for Engineering Education was conceptualized by over 150 leaders of Engineering Education and business from USA and India. Enjoying status of regional chapter and organized Online Webinars, Conferences, Workshops & Expert lectures through Indo-US regional chapter. Recently following two faculties has delivered webinar under this platform.
Name of the Faculty
Prof. S. S. Patil, HOD, CSE Dept.
Enhance Teaching Learning Process using Handheld devices
Prof. S.R. Kumbhar, Automobile Engg. Dept
Puzzle based learning – A joyful learning in Automotive Engg.
It provides E-learning through online Web and Video courses in engineering stream. The mission of NPTEL is to enhance the quality of engineering education of students by providing free online courseware.
- Moodle Server is implemented for creating virtual learning environment & for e-resources content management. The features are like
- Discussion Forum
- Files Upload / Download for contents
- Moodle instant message
- Online quiz
- Online resource material & event manager.
- INPODS: It makes easy for Students to collaborate and learn from each other. It allows students to conduct discussions, observe each other work, and work together on problem-solving. Inpods increases student teacher interactions while freeing up teachers from routine tasks, online tests can be conducted, Mapping of learning outcomes with questions asked in question paper. Making Social learning effective & to reduce assessment load we are using inpods software Social learning to easily interact with teachers with—
- Add Assignment
- Class participation, Course exit survey
- Student Project Submission
In Inpods we can create sections for student’s data (Seminars, Project work, Term papers) Status / updates and evaluations.
GATE related questions will be analyzed & converted in to tests for students, on NTPEL site GATE documents are available.
On-line Tests also conducted using Inpods.
We can attach book, Resource material (PDF & PPT form)
Set the timer & Assign Grades & Create MCQ and a Descriptive question tests. Once the MCQ test is created, it should be approved and then it will automatically be visible to the students.
Using Web Conferencing Tool
It helps to Show how to use of all important aspects of the teacher and students’ functionality. Mapping of course outcomes with course objectives using inpod (Only for lab courses).There is no limit to upload content, without worrying about data loss. The attendance report for each section can be copied from Attendance feature.
Go To Meeting Web Conferencing Tool
Department moodle server is attached to inpod node through go to meeting web conferencing tool. Access the moodle interface and start transfer the relevant data for next semester.
- Online exams conducted for In Semester Examinations.
- Seminar of webinars conducted by renowned U.S. Faculty.
- LCD, Power Point Presentations, Videos etc used in class room teaching learning.
- Engineering Education Cell: Pedagogy programs, TQM in education, Co-ordinate best engineering institute award on behalf of Engineering Education Foundation, Pune.
- Outcome based Teaching Learning process / Innovative Practices followed as per NBA guidelines at Institute level.
- Outcome based course plans are prepared.
- Continuous assessment process is adopted.
- Simplified understanding through model study, animated videos and e-learning resources.
- Assignments/Tutorials for each subject are given for more self understanding.
- Faculty training through workshops /seminar/webinar/STTP etc.
- Innovations through in class quiz role-play, Term paper etc.
- Conduct extra expert/guest lecturers, industrial visits having contents beyond syllabus. Arranging debate, quiz online assignments for critical subject and webinars for students.
The process of academic audit is being introduced from second semester of 2009-2010. The objective of academic audit is to have brief hand information regarding the teaching learning process with planned intervention to enhance the quality of teaching- learning process and facilitate the learning of all students. A methodological approach is laid for conducting the audit
Faculty Appraisal Review Process and Rewards (Performance Based Appraisal. System -PBAS)
Institute follows the PBAS format of University Grants Commission (UGC) for the appraisal of faculties. Institute has carried out strategic planning for five years with SWOT analysis and prepared one page strategic plan as per Gazelles inc. (Verne Harnish). As per this strategic plan annual goals have been decided and key result areas (KRA) defined for all the faculty members along with HOD’s Vice-Principals and Principal. Based on KRA, incentives and rewards are given every year up to 5% of salary to Director, Deans & HODs.
Best Practices (Quality Circle)
It includes activities like induction training of faculty and orientation of freshers. It went identifying its form to strengthen academic process. RIT being an institutional member of the ‘Quality Circle Forum of India’ is known for its innovative ideas for quality circle activities in educational institute. Quality circles in RIT have fetched many prizes in state and national level competitions organized by QCFI, India. Quality circle of RIT received Gold Medal for Case Study Presentation at International Convention on Quality Control Circles at Bejing, China in 2007-2008.
Mini Projects for the First year students
Mini Projects have been incorporated in the curriculum in the order to enhance and utilize the creative potential of the students and built positive attitude, which will help them in their social & technical life ahead. The Mini project is designed to help students develop practical ability & knowledge about practical tools, techniques in order to solve real life problems and also connect with society locally, to understand their needs, identify problems & develop solution. It helps them to work in teams.
- Professional Skill development introduced as credit course in 1st, 2nd & 3rd year as three credit courses with focus on practical & Language enhancement.
- MOU with IIT Bombay, workshops on engineering subjects are received through interactive terminals to interact live with IIT, Mumbai faculty for Faculty Development Programs sponsored through Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD).
- Question paper set by faculty using Blooms Taxonomy & course learning outcomes.
- Associate membership with the industries in Maharashtra which provides unique opportunity to participate in industrial exhibitions, seminars and internship programs for engineering students.
- TCS has recognized Labs for GATE Exams with capacity of 400 students.
Journal of Engineering Education Transformations (JEET)
Indo US Collaboration for Engineering Education (IUCEE) in partnership with Rajarambapu Institute of Technology is publishing “The Journal of Engineering Education”, which was published by Prof. Ratnalikar since 1985. Its new name will be “Journal of Engineering Education Transformations (JEET)” and will be an avenue for engineering educators to showcase their transformational work as publications reviewed by expert educators from across the world.
Professor and Dean Emeritus of Engineering, University of Massachusetts Lowell, USA Founder and Executive Director, Indo US Collaboration for Engineering Education (IUCEE)
Sushma S Kulkarni,
Director, Rajarambapu Institute of Technology, India
N V Ratnalikar,
Founder, Engineering Education Foundation, India
- Institute has contributed an award at National Level through Indian Society for Technical Education every year under the category ‘Rajarambapu Patil National Award for Promising Best Engineering College Teacher’ (At Degree / Diploma Level) since 1995.