Ph.D. (Electrical) (2017)
Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur
Certified as an Energy Manager (2008)
Bureau of Energy Efficiency (Govt. of India)
M.E. (Power Systems) (2004)
Govt College of Engineering, Karad
B.E. (Electrical) (1999)
Govt College of Engineering, Karad
Teaching Experience: (20 years)
Associate Professor & HoP (Electrical Engg.) in Rajarambapu Institute of Technology, Rajaramnagar.
Research Assistant in Centre for Energy and Environment, Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur
Assistant Professor in Department of Electrical Engineering, Walchand College of Engg. Sangli
- Grid-Scale Energy Storage
- Smart Grid
- Renewable Energy Integration
- Power Quality
- Energy Auditing and Management
A) Publications (in international journals)
- Vaiju Kalkhambkar, Rajesh Kumar, Rohit Bhakar, Joint Optimal Allocation Methodology for Renewable Distributed Generation and Energy Storage for Economic Beneﬁts, IET-Renewable Power Generation, 10.9 (2016): 14221429. [SCI]
- Vaiju Kalkhambkar, Vaiju Kalkhambkar, Rajesh Kumar, Rohit Bhakar, Optimal Allocation of Renewable Energy Sources for Energy Loss Minimization, Journal of Electrical Systems, 113.1 (2017): 115-130 [SCI]
- Vaiju Kalkhambkar, Rajesh Kumar, and Rohit Bhakar, Energy Loss Minimization through Peak Shaving using Energy Storage, Perspectives in Science,[Elsevier] 8, (2016):162-165.
B) Publications (in Indian journals)
- Jadhav Madhuri P., and V. N. Kalkhambkar. Electric Vehicle For Frequency Regulation Of Microgrid. JournalNX- (ISSN No:2581-4230) pp. 174-178 April 2018
- Mali Nupur Laxman, V. N. Kalkhambkar, and Abhijeet Shete. Power Quality Enhancement In Arc Furnace Environment. JournalNX- (ISSN No:2581-4230) pp. 162-167 April 2018
- Nikam Dhairyasheel S., and V. N. Kalkhambkar. A Review On Multilevel VSC Topology. (2018). JournalNX- (ISSN No:2581-4230) pp. 142-147 April 2018
C) Publications (in peer-reviewed conferences held abroad)
D) Publications /Presentation(in peer-reviewed conferences held in India)
- Jadhav Madhuri P, V. N. Kalkhambkar. Frequency Regulation by Electric Vehicles, 2018 IEEE International Conference on Current Trends Towards Converging Technologies, SVS college of engineering, Coimbatore, 01 - 03, March 2018, IEEE
- Nikam Dhairyasheel S., and V. N. Kalkhambkar, STATCOM and Multilevel VSC topology: A Review,2018 IEEE International Conference on Current Trends Towards Converging Technologies, SVS college of engineering, Coimbatore, 01 - 03, March 2018. IEEE
- Mali Nupur Laxman, V. N. Kalkhambkar, and Abhijeet Shete., Reactive Power Compensation and Harmonic Mitigation in Steel Plant, 4th international conference on recent challenges in engineering and technology (ICRCET) Pune, 2-3 April 2018.
- Khatavkar AC, Gadhave SS, Diwate SK, Ingale KR, Kakhambkar VN. Inverter control scheme to supply critical load with battery storage. InElectrical, Instrumentation and Communication Engineering (ICEICE), 2017 IEEE International Conference on 2017 Apr 27 (pp. 1-7). IEEE.
- Patil SR, Kalkhambkar VN. Hybrid space vector pulse width modulation voltage source inverter-a review. InData Management, Analytics and Innovation (ICDMAI), 2017 International Conference on 2017 Feb 24 (pp. 200-204). IEEE.
- Kalkhambkar V N, Kumar R, Bhakar R. Joint optimal sizing and placement of renewable distributed generation and energy storage for energy loss minimization. InAdvanced Computing and Communication Systems (ICACCS), 2017 4th International Conference on 2017 Jan 6 (pp. 1-9). IEEE.
- Kalkhambkar V, Kumar R, Bhakar R. Methodology for joint allocation of energy storage and renewable distributed generation. InRecent Advances and Innovations in Engineering (ICRAIE), 2016 International Conference on 2016 Dec 23 (pp. 1-8). IEEE.
- Kalkhambkar V N, Kumar R, Bhakar R. Joint optimal allocation of battery storage and hybrid renewable distributed generation. InPower Systems (ICPS), 2016 IEEE 6th International Conference on 2016 Mar 4 (pp. 1-6). IEEE.
- Kalkhambkar V, Kumar R, Bhakar R. Optimal sizing of PV-battery for loss reduction and intermittency mitigation. InRecent Advances and Innovations in Engineering (ICRAIE), 2014 2014 May 9 (pp. 1-6). IEEE.
- Smita Kalkhambkar, Vaiju Kalkhambkar, H.P. Inamdar, Assessment of Distributed Generation based on Renewable Energy Resources for Remote Rural Electriﬁcation in India, International Conference on Trends and Advances in Computation and Engineering- TARCE 2010, Baraktullah University Institute of Technology Bhopal, India. February 25-26, 2010.
- Smita Kalkhambkar, Vaiju Kalkhambkar, H.P. Inamdar, Line loss Reduction and voltage proﬁle Improvement with Distribution Generation-A case study, International conference on, Advances in Energy conservation Technologies, ICAECT2010, Manipal Institute of Technologies, Manipal India, January 7-10, 2010.
- Smita Kalkhambkar, Vaiju Kalkhambkar, H.P. Inamdar, Effect of Multiple Distributed Generation sources on line loss Reduction in Distributed Network, National conference on, Recent Advances in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, RAEEE 09 , National Institute of Technology Hamirpur, India, December 23-24, December 2009
- Smita Kalkhambkar, Vaiju Kalkhambkar, H.P. Inamdar, Optimal placement and sizing of Distributed generation in Radial system using voltage Improvement and line loss reduction index, National conference on, Recent Advances in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, RAEEE09, National Institute of Technology Hamirpur, India. December 23-24, December 2009
- Smita Kalkhambkar, Vaiju Kalkhambkar, H.P. Inamdar, Distributed generation for enhancing Rural Electricity Access for India , National conference on, Soft Computing Techniques in Power System Operation and Control SOFTCOMP-2009, VIT University, Vellore, India, July 22 24, 2009.
E) National Conference
F) Book Published
- Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering - Galaxy Publications, Miraj- 416410
- Electrical Engineering - Galaxy Publications, Miraj- 416410
- Electrical Power Generation - Galaxy Publications, Miraj- 416410
- Electrical Technology - Galaxy Publications, Miraj- 416410
ii) Chapters in Book
i) Patents (Awarded)
ii) Patents (Filed)
- Professional Memberships
- Member IEEE
- Member ISTE
- Member IE(India)
- Member AMIE
- Reviewer of International Journal
- Journal of Modern Power System and Clean Energy (Springer)
- International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems (Elsevier)
- Modern Power System and Clean Energy (Springer)
- International Transactions on Electrical Energy Systems (Wiley)
- IETE Journal of Research (Taylor and Francis)
- Journal of Electrical Systems (ESR)
- Awards/ Achievements
- ‘Prabhakarpant Korgaongar Award’ in SSC (86.42 % in SSC, KOLHAPUR BOARD-1993 ).
- National Merit Scholarship 1993 and 1995
- Qualiﬁed Energy Manager, Bureau of Energy eﬃciency, Govt. of India-2008.
- GATE Qualiﬁed 2012.
- Ph.D. Thesis qualiﬁed in the 1st round of POSOCO Power System Awards (PPSA)-2017.
- Bharat Vikas Award- 2017
- Best Researcher Award
- Workshops Organized
- Organized Three Days Training Program on, ‘Operation and Maintenance of Wind Energy Systems’, RIT Sakharale, January 23-25, 2017.
- Organized One-week ISTE- STTP Advanced Softwares in Electrical Engg. 15-19 Jan 2018
Key Research Projects
- Third party inspection of Electrical installation Islampur Municipal Corporation.
- Power Factor Improvement of Water Pumping System