The Department of Information Technology was started in the year 2001 with the intake of 60 students. The department was offering B.Tech degree program of Information Technology Engineering. From year 2019-20 department has changed nomenclature to Computer Science & Information Technology. The department is a promising student by offering high-quality education in IT filed to lead successful their career in Industries and Research. The Information Technology Department has made commendable progress in a short span of the past few years. Our students pursue their higher studies (MS and Ph.D.) at prestigious places like Texas University & Toronto University. The renowned IT firms have recruited our students through campus interviews.
Teaching and Learning Process at the Department
To improve the learning ability of the students, department has implemented outcome based education. In the outcome based education, the focus shifted from teaching to learning of the students.
Student cantered learning promotes active participation of students in teaching and learning process. In order to achieve the outcomes, faculty designs student centered teaching-learning and assessment methods.
Some of the student centred teaching –learning methods adapted by the faculties of the department are Problem based learning, Project Based Learning, Think-pair-share, concept map, Tool demonstration, Jigsaw, Summary Writing, Short Quizzes, Presentation, Programming Tests, Think pair share, stump your partner etc.
This makes learning a joyful experience for students
MOOCs, Blended MOOCs from IITs ,online courses like NPTEL, Courera, Swayam etc. are also added in the teaching learning process.
In focus of Industry need, various industry expert sessions / training programs are organized for the students, to bridge the gap between industry and academics.
Along with final year major project, mini projects have been introduced at First, second and third year level.
Not only academics but the student’s overall personality development is being taken care of by introduction of courses like Professional skill development.
Examination and Evaluation
In Semester Evaluation will be conducted for 20% by practicing different methods like
Both tests will be conducted for 25 marks and which will be converted to 15 marks. 30% weightage given for these tests.
Unit Tests will be conducted on as per syllabus sequence like UT1 will be conducted on Chapter 1 & 2 and UT2 will be conducted on UT3 &4.
ESE will be conducted for 100 marks by considering whole syllabus of respective course and converted it into 50 marks. 50% weightage is given for ESE.
Regular Academic work carried out in the department every year:
1. Updated syllabus with the advice of industry experts
2. To give real time exposure to the students, department arranges workshops, training programs by our reputed alumni.
3. To improve overall department growth our faculties of each course identifies weak students to provide extra coaching to them
4. To increase number of gate qualified students department has made aptitude training program as part of academic through external agencies
5. Department has life time membership of Indian Society of Technical Education (ISTE), students are being part of this membership through which they can participate in various workshop not in only in our institute but also outside of the institute.
6. Department associated with IEEE chapter to promote research culture among students and faculties
7. Due to these various departmental academic activities last three years average percentage of placement is above 85