Department: Automobile Engineering
Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore, Tamilnadu
M. Tech. (CAD/CAM/CAE) (2013)
B.E. (Mechanical) (2011)
Teaching Experience - 07 years
Assistant Professor in Department of Automobile Engineering, Rajarambapu Institute of Technology, Rajaramnagar.
Teaching Assistant in Department of Mechanical Engineering, Rajarambapu Institute of Technology, Rajaramnagar.
- Design and Analysis of Functionally Graded Materials
- Engineering Education
A) Publications (in international journals)
- Ghatage, Pankaj S., Vishesh R. Kar, and P. Edwin Sudhagar. "On the numerical modelling and analysis of multi-directional functionally graded composite structures: A review." Composite Structures (2020): 111837.
- Ghatage Pankaj S., Abhijeet P. Shah, and Dhananjay Kumbhar. "Synthesis and Characterization of Nano-grease for Automotive Wheel Bearing Application." In Advances in Applied Mechanical Engineering, pp. 413-422. Springer, Singapore, 2020.
- Patil Satyajit R., and Pankaj S. Ghatage. "Curriculum Development of an Engineering PG Program at an Autonomous Institute–A Case Study." Journal of Engineering Education Transformations 32.4 (2019): 31-38.
- Pankaj Ghatage, Abhijit Shah, Durgeskumer Chavan, “CFD Analysis of Heat Transfer Enhancement in Pipe Flow using Nanofluid” International Advanced Research Journal In Science, Engineering and Technology (IARJSET), DOI 10.17148, Vol. 4, Issue 1, Jan. 2017
- Satonkar Nilesh, Pankaj Ghatage, Ganesh Kavade, Pradip Patil, Anuradha Gaikwad, Sandip Desai, and Satyajit Patil. "Strengthening Industry Institute Interaction (III) for improvement in campus placement and industry Tie-up of Automobile Engineering Department in RIT: A Quality Circle Approach." Journal of Engineering Education Transformations30, no. 4 (2017): 53-57.
B) Publications (in Indian journals)
- PankajGhatage, Abhijit Shah, DurgeskumerChavan, “CFD Analysis of Heat Transfer Enhancement inPipe Flow using Nanofluid” International Advanced Research Journal In Science, Engineering and Technology (IARJSET), DOI 10.17148, Vol. 4, Issue 1, Jan. 2017
C) Publications /Presentation(in peer-reviewed conferences held in India)
- Pankaj S. Ghatage, Abhijeet P. Shah and Dhananjay Kumbhar, “Synthesis and Characterization of Nano-grease for Automotive Wheel Bearing Application.” 1st International Conference ICAMER 19 at NIT, Warangal, India, May 2nd-4th, 2019. (Accepted for Springer Journal)
- D. S. Chavan, P. S. Ghatage, A. T. Pise, “Experimental and CFD analysis of heat transfer augmentation in pipe flow with nanofluid”, 3rd International Conference on Recent Trends in Engineering and Technology (ICRTET 2014), India, pp. 190-196.
D) National Conference
- Abhijeet P. Shah, and Pankaj S. Ghatage, “Learning Centric Approach through Various Class Room Activities for Better Learning”, National Conference on Innovations in Engineering and Management Education, NCIEME-16, 8th and 9th Dec., 2016, ISBN- 978-81-931546-3-2
P. S. Ghatage,D. S. Chavan, M. V. Pisal “Analysis of Nanofluid by Using CFD Approach– A Review”, National Conference On Innovations In Mechanical Engineering 2012, pp. 147-152
- Received Gold Medal for M. Tech. CAD/CAM/CAE 2013
- Received RIT-ISTE Chapter Promising Young Teacher Award 2017
- Received Performance Awards for achievements in Key Result Areas (KRAs) for the academic year 2017-18
- Faculty advisor for ASME HPVC 2014 competition, Achieved All India 2nd Rank, held at IIT, Delhi.
- Faculty advisor for EGVC 2014 competition, Achieved All India 1st Rank, held at Gujarat.
- Faculty advisor for HGKC 2015 competition, Achieved All India 1st Rank in braking and acceleration test and Overall All India 3rd Rank, held at Coimbatore (TN).
- Membership of professional bodies
- Member SAE
- Member ISTE
Key Research Projects
- Synthesis and Characterization of Nanogreasefor Automotive Wheel Bearing Application.
- Design and Development of Portable Vehicle Roof.