Department: Automobile Engineering
PhD (Mechanical) (2017)
Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology (Established by Government of India), Punjab, India
M.E. (Mechanical-Production) (2008)
Rajarambapu Institute of Technolgy, Sakharale, Sangli, (Shivaji University, Kolhapur)
B.E. (Automobile) (1998)
Rajarambapu Institute of Technolgy, Sakharale, Sangli, (Shivaji University, Kolhapur)
Teaching Experience: (18 years), Professional Experience (01 year)
Associate Professor - Department of Automobile Engineering, Rajarambapu Institute of Technology, Rajaramnagar.
Sr. Lecturer, Rajarambapu Institute of Technology, Rajaramnagar.
Lecturer, Rajarambapu Institute of Technology, Rajaramnagar.
GAT, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited, Nashik Div.
- Design and development of semiactive shock absorber.
- Automotive System Design.
- Alternative fuels and emission
A) Publications (in international journals)
- Satpute, N.V., Jugulkar, L.M., Satpute, S.N. and Khot, S.M., 2018. Design and analysis of switchable magnetic polarity bistable energy harvester. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part C: Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science, p.0954406218799788.
- Jugulkar, L.M., Singh, S. and Sawant, S.M., 2016. Analysis of suspension with variable stiffness and variable damping force for automotive applications. Advances in Mechanical Engineering, 8(5), p.1687814016648638.(Thomson Reuters Impact Factor – 0.575, H index 14)
- Jugulkar, L.M., Singh, S. and Sawant, S.M., 2016. Fluid flow modeling and experimental investigation on automobile damper. Construction and Building Materials, Elsevier Publications, 121, pp.760-772.(Thomson Reuters Impact Factor: 2.421, H index 81)
- Satpute, N.V., Satpute, S.N. and Jugulkar, L.M., 2016. Hybrid electromagnetic shock absorber for energy harvesting in a vehicle suspension. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part C: Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science, p.0954406216663577.(Thomson Reuters Impact Factor: 0.730, H index 40 )
- Jugulkar, L.M., Singh, S. and Sawant, S., 2016. Mathematical modeling and experimental validation of mono-tube shock absorber. World Journal of Engineering, 13(4), pp.294-299.(SJR impact factor 0.19, H index 02)
- Shubham S. Fawade, Dr. Lalitkumar M. Jugulkar, " MR Damper for Variable Damping and Stiffness System: A Review," International Journal of Technology and Science, vol. 5, Issue. 2, pp. 1-3, 2018
- Pankaj Pralhad Jadhav, L. M. Jugulkar, 2017.Analysis of Real Size Variable Stiffness and Variable Damping Shock-Absorber for Vehicular Application. International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research 8 (4), 237-242
- Yogesh S. Pawar, L. M. Jugulkar, 2017.Design of a Magnetorheological Damper for Automotive Application. International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research 8 (4), 230-236
- P.S Awati. and L.M. Jugulkar 2015. Modal and Stress Analysis of Lower Wishbone Arm Along with Topology Optimization. Journal of Automobile Engineering and Applications 2 (1), 1-6.
- L. M. Jugulkar 2015. Changing Stiffness Shock Absorber for Automotive Application. Journal of Basic And applied Engineering Research 2, 439-442
- Joshi, A. and Jugulkar, L.M., 2014. Investigation and analysis of metal casting defects and defect reduction by using quality control tools. International Journal of Mechanical and Production Engineering, ISSN, pp.2320-2092.
- Abhinandan Desai, L.M. Jugulkar 2014 Process Optimization by Using Shining Six Sigma Tools and Techniques – A Case Study in Manufacturing Industry.4th IRF International Conference on Mechanical & Production Engineering
- L. M. Jugulkar, SM Sawant 2014 Development and Manufacturing of Variable Stiffness Suspension System for Automotive Application.International Journal of Research in Mechanical Engineering & Technology
- N. U. Kautkar, S. T. Satpute, L. M. Jugulkar 2014. Investigation Study on Fluid Flow Modeling And Damping Response of Automobile Hydraulic Damper.International Conference on Mechanical and Industrial Engineering (ICMIE)
- Dipak, A.S. and L. M. Jugulkar., 2013. Design & Development of Special Automobile Interior Testing Machine. Procedia Engineering, 64, pp.613-621.
- L. M. Jugulkar., Dr. Shankar Singh, S. M. Sawant 2013 Variable Damping Using Adjustable Fluid Flow.International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology 6, 114 – 117
- S. G. Pawar, L. M. Jugulkar, 2013. Strategic Computation Modeling And Analysis of Rattle Noise in Passenger Vehicle Gearbox.International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology 6 (4), 271 -274
- L. M. Jugulkar, 2013 Experimental Investigation on Engine Performance and Emissions of a Four Cylinder Diesel Engine Hot and Cooled Exhaust Gas Recirculation. International Journals of Engineering Research & Technology 2 (4), 495-499
- L. M. Jugulkar, S.M. Sawant 2013 Design and Development of Shock Absorber Test Rig. International Journals of Mechanical Engineering 2 (1), 17-28
- A. S. Dipak, L. M. Jugulkar, 2013. Design & Development of Special Automobile Interior Testing Machine. Procedia Engineering 64, 613-621
- Jagadale, S.S. and Jugulkar, L.M., 2012. Review of various reaction parameters and other factors affecting on production of chicken fat-based biodiesel. International Journal of Modern Engineering Research, 2(2), pp.407-411.
- Jagadale, S.S. and Jugulkar, L.M., 2012. Production and analysis of chemical properties of chicken fat-based biodiesel and its various blends. International Journal of Engineering Research and Development, 1, pp.34-37
- Jagadale, S.S. and Jugulkar, L.M.,2012. Performance Characteristics of Single Cylinder Diesel Engine Using Blend of Chicken Fat Based Biodiesel. International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology 3 (2), 754 -768
- L. M. Jugulkar, S Singh, N Satpute, SM Sawant 2011. Developments in suspension–a review, International Journal of Research in IT & Management 1
B) Publications /Presentation(in peer-reviewed conferences held in India)
Nikhil Patil, L. M. Jugulkar, PushpakHambarde, Nitin Satpute, 2019, “Experimental Analysis of Semi-active Suspension System With Magnetorheological Damper under Harmonic Excitation”, National Conference on Emerging Trends in Mechanical Engineering (NCETME-2019), VIT, Pune
Nitin Satpute, A. Mali, L. M. Jugulkar, B Kudachi, B. Mashilkar, (2019), “Implementation of Mechanical Motion Amplifier in Hybrid Shock Absorber with Linear Generator and Fluid Damper”, International Conference on Nascent Technologies in Engineering, Fr. C. Rodrigues Institute of Technology Vashi and IEEE Technically Co-sponsored in collaboration with the Institute of Engineers (India)
- L. M. Jugulkar, S. Singh, S.M. Sawant 2011. Design and Fabrication of Linear Generator Electromagnetic Shock Absorber. International Conference On Precision, Meso, Micro And Nano Engineering
- L. M. Jugulkar 2010. Recognition and Re-Construction of Mechanical Part by Reverse Engineering Methodology. International Conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering ICAME-2010
- L. M. Jugulkar, 2010. Ethanol as An Alternative Fuel – Two-Wheeler. 4th International Conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering
- L. M. Jugulkar 2008. Reverse Engineering. International Conference on Total Engineering, Analysis & Manufacturing Technology.
C) National Conference
- Indrajeet R. Madane, L. M. Jugulkar, 2015. Design and Simulation of Changing Stiffness Damper for Automotive Application National Conference for Engineering Post Graduate Students RIT Ncon PG 2015.
- A. H. Mishrikoti, L. M. Jugulkar 2007. Solid Modeling Of Rocker Arm Using Reverse Engineering Methodology. National Conference on Factory Automation, Robotics and Soft Computing
- L. M. Jugulkar 2006. Reverse Engineering for Mechanical Components. National Symposium on Recent Trends in Product Design (RTPD 2006)
- L. M. Jugulkar, 2005. Advances in Reliability Centred Maintenance with Special Emphasis on Maintenance Management. National Conference on Recent Developments in Mechanical Engineering
- L. M. Jugulkar, 2005. Reverse Engineering in Mechanical Components. National Conference on Recent Developments in Mechanical Engineering
- L. M. Jugulkar, 2004. Reverse Engineering & Technology Interpretation, National Conference on Recent Trends in CAD/CAM/CAE.
- S. M. Arali L. M. Jugulkar, 2008. Fuel cell- A high efficient alternative fuel for modern automobile. National Conference on Advances in Energy Conversion Technologies (AECT 2008)
i) Books Published
- Title of Book: Catia Training Resource Material Authors: Rajaram Shinde, Lalitkumar Jugulkar, Prabhakar Maskar Year of Publication: 2012 Name of Publisher: Lap Lambert Academic Publishing GmbH KG, 2012. ISBN: 3659246638, 9783659246630
ii) Publications (chapters in books)
i) Patents(Awarded) - 01
- Patent awarded for 10 years. Title: Automobile Shock Absorber Design Number: 255923 Date of application: 20th August 2013 Date of Award: 25th February 2014 Patent office: Intellectual Property Office, Intellectual Property Office Building, CP-2 Sector V, Salt Lake City, Kolkata-700091
ii) Patents(Filed) - 02
- Name: Regenerative Electromagnetic Shock absorber Application No.: 4077/MUM/2015 Date and time of application: 28-10-2015, 15:00:29 Publication Date (U/S 11A): 05/05/2017 Request For Examination Date: 26/06/2018
- Name: Switching Polarity Multi-stable Vibration energy Harvester Application No.: TEMP/E-1/4213/2017-MUM Complete Specification application No.: E-2/224/2018/MUM Date and time of application: 06-02-2017, 12:27:32
- Major Achievements/Awards/Contributions
- Performance Award 2011-2012 from R.I.T., Sakharale
- Performance Award 2012-2013 from R.I.T., Sakharale
- Performance Award 2017-2018 from R.I.T., Sakharale
- Best Researcher Award 2017-2018 from R.I.T., Sakharale
- Membership of professional bodies
- Reviewer of International Journal
- Advances in Mechanical Engineering
- International Journal of Sustainable Engineering
Key Research Projects
- Production and analysis of chemical properties of chicken fat based biodiesel and its various blends
- Specially Designed & Developed Automobile Interior Testing Machine to Test Automobile Interior Parts.
- Design and Development of Exhaust Gas Recirculation cooler for 2.6 liters diesel engine.
- Multibody Simulation and Computation Modeling to Reduce Rattling Noise in Passenger Vehicle Gear box (G76)
- Experimental Investigation of water scrubbing methods for Biogas Purification.
- Fluid flow modeling and experimental investigation on Automobile Damper
- Optimize the Functional Defects of R1040 Engine at in Process Verification by Using Shainin Six Sigma Tools and Techniques
- Design, Develop and Analysis of an Automatic Sand Plant for Automotive Components.
- Design and Performance Analysis of Variable Stiffness Suspension System for Four Wheeler Automotive Application
- Design and simulation of semi active suspension of road vehicle for rollover prevention
- Modal and Durability Stress Analysis of Lower Wishbone Arm With Topology and Material Optimization.
- Development. Testing and Performance Analysis of Semi-active Shock Absorber for four wheeler Vehicular Application
- Development and Integration of Magneto Rheological Damper for four wheeler Road Vehicle Application
- Experimental investigation and mathematical modeling of Variable Stuffiness and damping force suspension system using magneto rheological damping.
- Design of Regenerative Shock Absorber and Optimization of Variable stiffness damping using magnetorheological fluid shock absorber along with Mechanical Motion Rectifier.